Saturday, July 24, 2010

for the record

when it hits 29 degrees and then you factor in the humidex, well it's damn hot.
so picture this: im in a deep slumber, and little do i know but a storm is brewing and wipes out the power, no problem right? i mean im sleeping. ohhhh no wait the FREAKIN' AIR CONDITIONING NEEDS ELECTRICITY TO WORK!!!! and here enters grumpy, hot, hives developing, sleep deprived Laura, fml friends, fml. you see the issue is im allergic to heat, as in i dont develop a heat rash when im overheated, i quite literally break out into hives. it's so much fun. this heat wave is making settling into my new 3rd floor loft only an a/c unit in the window apartment such a lovely experience. hurry up october!!! i want fall, i want red, yellow and orange leaves, i want leaves crunching under my toes, i want cooler temperatures damnit!!!! ok rant done now :)

im still sorting out life at my new place. all of the boxes and bins are unpacked and everything is mostly where it should be, but there are a few minor details like: installing a curtain rod, putting up shelves, figuring out where my 21937238957 picture frames are going to go and oh.my.god that giant audrey hepburn canvas ugggghhhh....just the minor details.
on a happy note i bought a blender last night. yes to most this may not seem like a big deal BUT i am pretty much on fire to start eating well and become more active, i want to go back to myself 15-20 lbs ago, i know it's a possibility, i just need to work at it. and step one is eating healthy stuff and not the normal garbage i would pollute my body with. so the blender, it's for smoothies! i made a kick ass raspberry and banana smoothie this morning and if i knew where my camera was among the mess i call "things to put away" i would have taken pictures, but alas i did not, maybe next time. and ive taken the milk plunge, as in i have left my lover of 23 years, 2% milk and moved on to soy milk. now let me start by saying, it was NOT an easy break-up and soy milk is an acquired over time kind of relationship, but i feel like i can do it, i just keep telling myself it's one step closer to smaller thighs. oh yes the bonus about the blender, after searching high and low, literally went to every store that could possibly sell small kitchen appliances i scored an awesome sale at Home Outfitters. It's a 10 speed Oster blender, that has a magical smoothies button, regualr $69.99, marked down to $39.99 with an additional 30% off, so that's rigth folks my new blender was a grand total of $28!!! don't factor in HST, it just makes me hostile, damn new tax.

so anywho, today is a day for clean up, final arranging and then im making my "world famous" chili, it's honestly really simple. but my dad and his wife are coming over for dinner and as per his request he wants my "world famous" chili....

happy weekend folks! try not to hit any old ladies crossing the street and pray for me that the power doesnt go out again, or i may seriously start to cry.

oh right a picture....ive made this silent rule for myself that no blog post will be posted sans picture, so here are a few of my nephew. it was an intense game of memory and even teddy was playing. i especially love the ice cream on his face :)

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh no A/C!!!! Did you sleep in the bath tub?

    Take a look here....
    http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com/2010/07/elephant-3-ring-circus-baby-shower.html

    Take Care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete